Friday 4 February 2011

Neil Kilkenny, leedsunited.com, 04/02/2011

"I knew they (Austrailia Socceroos) had a settled team and I was a part of the squad," he explained.

"The manager (Holger Osieck) had a settled team and his substitutes, but he gave me a bit of chance. He'd said 'come along and we'll see how good you are' and I felt I did well.

"I was involved in four of the six games (at the 2011 Asia Cup) and I really, really enjoyed it.

"Obviously it was disappointing to lose in the final, (to Japan) but it's one of those things. We were happy we got there, but we wanted to win it.

"You have to move on, though, and I'm back here now and looking forward to the rest of the season."

"I've missed playing 90 minutes, but I had a decision to make," he said.

"I went away, enjoyed it, and now I'm back here and I'm looking forward to being involved on Saturday.

"My next step is to play as regularly as possible here and if I can do that, hopefully I'll be involved in the squads again.

"My main priority now is to get back in the team here and do well."




http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20110204/killas-sights-firmly-on-club-duty_2247585_2284984

No comments:

Post a Comment